(Amharic for "family")

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Tale from the Other Side...


BEFORE

&

AFTER


Michele has done a great job of telling the story and posting pictures of our referral. The only thing I have to add is regarding our floors.

As some of you know, Michele has been wanting to get our downstairs wooden floors redone for a LONG time. Many people told me to get it done before we have our kid because it will likely not happen afterwards. So I finally gave in to the pressure in early June and they floor were refinished on July 2nd. I felt that by refinishing the floors, we were telling the world, sending our signals, that we were now ready to accept our referral. I have been listening to The Secret lately, which is about the law of attraction. Ask for what you want and live like you already have it and you shall receive. Well we got our floors done in anticipation of a referral and the day that I sent in the check to pay for the floors, we received our referral! Coincidence, I think not. Or maybe so. I do not know. Just make sure you look at the wooden floors in the pictures in our house in previous posts and tell Michele that they look great.

So the moral of the story is that if you want to get something and it is taking a long time to receive it, first complete what your wife wants done, then,and only then, you will receive what you want.

2 comments:

The Proud Grandpa Keith (to be) said...

Congratulations!! It takes some husbands a lot longer to figure out 'the process'!

'Yes dear' is also another good response.

George said...

congratulations for you guys! Not only for the hardwood floor revival, but for the great adoption news. I had heard from Dara a few days back, but wanted to read up on it as well. So happy for you two; keep us informed!