(Amharic for "family")

Thursday, March 13, 2008

2 Games in 1 Entry...

A language activity I play with my 3 to 5 year old students follows. Can you look at the pictures and tell me what is happening? Let's see if you can fare better than my students.


Okay, I admit that I didn't have the right answer when I played this game "real time". My first thought was that I must store my potting soil under the kitchen sink. But I will give you a clue: check out what is hanging out of the garbage can. The rest of the story is pretty self-explanatory.



So here is the real "dirt"... this past weekend I was attempting to tidy the house. I knew Mehandis was playing in the kitchen with the cupboard contents - tupperware, root vegetables, pots and pans. When I made my way back to the kitchen I found Mehanids as pictured in photo #1. Truly, I thought he got into potting soil (which is actually kept in the garage)... but then realized that it was the grounds from my morning coffee. Yikes! I was a bit ashamed that my son, who is born where coffee was first introduced, had to have Folger's as his introduction to caffeine. Then I also thought about what a straight jolt of caffeine could do to a 15 month old. Turns out he crashed soon afterward into a 3 hour nap.

Oh yeah, the following pictures show that our household is no longer Canada. I decided to put our first child-proof lock onto the cabinet containing our garbage can following the "break-in". Michael Moore would be disappointed.

Okay, now onto the second game. I would like to start a new blog... since our current blog's address, michaealandmicheleadopt, doesn't best represent our family as a whole. I did think of a new address; however, Michael wasn't too thrilled that it was primarily "me-focused". So... any suggestions? There will be a prize for the winner!!!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Mmmm....MIMIME (Michael, Michele, Mehandis)

3 M's Adventures...

Journey of Life...

Chewy's View...

My creative mind is at a stand still...it's MARCH MADNESS!!!