(Amharic for "family")

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Look who's walking!

Mehandis is learning new "tricks" all of the time. It can be both troublesome (when he learned how to open the china cabinet doors) and quite entertaining at the same time (the fact that once he got the door open he picked up a wine glass and gently placed it on the shelf below). Well, last week Michael put old school Walkman headphones on Mehandis. He loved it... even though they weren't even plugged into anything. I attribute Michael's actions to the following 2 photos. I was getting ready for my day when I looked over and saw Mehandis with this headband on. I have only worn this once myself... so was shocked to see that he had it on and even positioned correctly. I laughed so hard until Mehandis got it stuck in his curls and he began whimpering until I helped him untangle the headband from his hair.
This actually was the day of Louisville playing who-knows-who, when Mehandis and I both got dressed in Louisville colors. All in hopes of bragging rights for the Fantasy Basketball tournament I was in. I unfortunately (or Louisville I guess) lost. Ah well... next year.

Okay now onto something I can brag about... Mehandis is an official walker as of yesterday. It just clicked! He now is confident in his ambulatory state and seems to love it. Even though he has acquired a few more battle scars to get there (our daycare said it sounded like a firecracker went off when he fell face first into a table - only a bruise and small cut resulted though).

Here he is earlier today, toddling toward me.
And he keeps on going!!! Great job Mehandis :)

1 comment:

Soon-to-be Grandma K said...

Great job Mehandis!

You look so proud of yourself as you are walking along.

Can't wait to see you in action for ourselves -- I'm sure we'll have a hard time keeping up with you shortly!!!

Love -- Grandma K