(Amharic for "family")

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Art Gallery

Every morning Michael gets Mehandis ready for school, while I ready myself. It now takes me 2 (sometimes 3 trips) to load up the car with mine and Mehandis's school stuff (including Mehandis)... then we are ready to head to daycare. Mehandis typically give his dad a kiss and wave goodbye, paired with lots of smiles. He is such a morning boy... as you can see below. When he arrives at his school he quickly crawls to his table in order to be served his personalized breakfast of bananas and dry cereal. I am not sure what is on his school schedule following this gourmet breakfast, but an art class happens at least once a week. I think he quite possibly may be gifted in this area. If you don't believe me there is photographic evidence to follow.
A snake... which coincides with their curriculum on the letter "S".
Snow day clothes... perhaps the subject was "Winter in Wisconsin" ?
And a self-portrait. Not sure where his socks, shoes and hair ended up... but I guess that isn't how Mehandis defines himself. I love his big round googly eyes.

No comments: