(Amharic for "family")

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Door County is Purr-ty Fun!

First of all, let me give a round of applause to my husband, Michael, for being such a great dad that I did not once hesitate about leaving for my annual Door County weekend. I was actually looking forward for Michael to get the chance to have some fun-filled days with our little guy, while I gallivanted around with my girl friends. And fun-filled days (and nights) they had... the "boys" went to a Marquette Madness basketball game, Cranky Al's breakfast and had some fun times with Mehandis's friend Stefan. PLUS - the house was perfectly cleaned upon my return home!

So... Girls' Weekend DC 2007 was a blast as usual. We always try to do something new each year (thanks to the creative mind of Jenn Moore) and this year was no exception. We did a Ghost Tour via trolley that was not only spooky but quite educational. But the cherry topping my sundae was finally getting to "Kitty Kat Korner".

A little bit of background... half of my friends have significant cat allergies and the other half have cats. So this has been a strong rivalry for many years. We have gone to the extent of sabotaging each other's houses with stuffed animal cats in a variety of poses and outfits.

So this year I was lucky enough to be in the car that missed it's turn... so the turn-around point was Kitty Kat Korner. We got out and had the appropriate photo opps.

The scariest part was that once inside the "boutique" I was actually a bit frightened. The clientele were in iron-on feline sweatshirts. The odor smelled of a distinct kitty scent. And one of our friends heard the owner say that she previously had over 100 kitties, but now just has a couple.

While I love our Chewy... I would hope someone would help me come to my senses before I reach "Cat Lady" status.

Thanks girls (and Mag) for such a great weekend!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Hi Michele and Michael,
This comment really has nothing to do with Door County although it looks like you had a wonderful time. It has to do with your beautiful baby! I just love looking at him on your blog especially in his Packer gear! What a joy he is, you can just see it in his photos. I am looking forward to becoming a grandma soon and I hope you both will help guide Courtney and Paul through the process since it seemed to go so smoothly for you.
Enjoy!
Sherri Damman (Courtney's mom)