(Amharic for "family")

Monday, October 1, 2007

Rummaging... and other fun past-times

On Saturday, the girls and I went rummaging at Greendale High School in search of great deals on baby stuff. I think we made out like bandits. Check out Mehandis in his "new" exersaucer (only $12), looks like it is kid-tested and approved! Thanks to all of you who did offer to loan me an exersaucer/walker... I just couldn't pass up on this deal. We also did well in the fall & winter clothes area. Since Mehandis is not yet fitting in most of his warm clothes we got some great finds in the apparel area as well.


Speaking of clothes fitting a little too big... check out the outfit Michael put Mehandis in on Saturday. He felt that Mehandis needed to cheer on MSU since they were playing Wisconsin this weekend. I think Grandpa will be happy to see this team spirit as well!


I just had to put some cute pictures up of Mehandis sitting up on his own today. He is getting so much stronger these days and sillier by the hour.

Mehandis loves the red eye reduction feature on our camera... he smiles and stops mid-pose when he sees the "pre flash". Not too camera shy.


Michael's sister Erin spent the weekend with us and just left today. She had a fast and easy connection with her nephew. Thanks so much Erin for all the love you continue to pour into our family. We love you so much!!! Minnesota is lucky to have you, but we are anxious to get you back again.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Hi Michael and Michele! This is Erin's friend Natalie. I have been lurking on your site for some time, almost every day in fact, so I thought I better say hi! I am so happy for both of you. Mehandis is sooo sweet. It has been a privilege to read your story and see your pictures here. I can feel your joy through your words and see it on your faces. Congratulations! ...and if you are up for more rummaging, there is a twins' group rummage at a church at about 130th and North Ave. this weekend! Sat. 8 a.m. Lots of selection and great deals. :) All the best..Natalie