(Amharic for "family")

Thursday, June 14, 2007

What to Pack

When a couple is about ready to deliver a baby, they need to make sure that the bag for the hospital is packed and ready to go. The contents would include things like an outfit or two to bring the baby home in, a camera, phone book, etc...

Last night I was up (for way too long) thinking about what needs to be done to prepare for our delivery of the referral - AKA "The Call". This is what Michael & I need to pack:
1. Cell phone holster, necklace, wristlet - the phone will not be far away from here on out
2. Programmed #'s for our local social worker and CHSFS, to be sure we answer if the Caller ID shows these names
3. Each other's cell phone #'s, in writing (since I hear that these solidly memorized pieces of information are easily forgotten once the social worker calls)
4. Instructions for how to work three-way calling, so we can both hear the first news of our baby together
5. Many tissues, need I explain why?

I will start packing the bag today!!!

1 comment:

Diane Turner said...

Well you must be getting so excited. Don't get to diappointed if it doesn't happen in June. That means your little one isn't ready for you yet. The one thing I know for sure is I've seen you work with the kids and I know that you will make a great mom.

Take care,

Diane