(Amharic for "family")

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Packing, packing and unpacking

Things have gotten a little busier for me this week... I learned that I am leaving Pershing Elementary School (where I have worked the past 2 years) due to the district needing me to teach a preschool speech/language group at Walker Elementary School along with servicing students within an early childhood classroom at Hoover Elementary School. So not only did I wrap up my summer job at New Berlin Therapies today ... but I also packed up my speech room at Pershing.

This once again reminded me to pass on things which I do not need... my Forrester was at full capacity by mid-day. Fortunately I had time to unpack half of the goodies at one of my new schools and I am very thankful that the custodian showed me where I could pull up my car, right by the school's door, to unload. I am going to take a careful look through the rest of the boxes to see if they are "move worthy". Thinking that the college text books may be out of date by now anyway? No need for lifting weights today! Below are two of the work shirts I will not be in need of in the immediate future...


Thank you to the staff at Pershing for being so welcoming and helpful to me during my time there. I will miss the students and their teachers' eagerness to go above and beyond to support them.

No comments: