(Amharic for "family")

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

AKA - Our Adoption

So you might have realized that the title to our blog has been changed from "Our Adoption" to "Our Zamad Azmad". I thought this would be a fitting change since we our now a growing family, or zamad azmad (an Amharic translation of family). But to the subscribers of my blog... the new title may have looked a little like spam, I didn't even recognize the message from FeedBlitz when an update on the blog was sent to me. It said something to the effect of "Our Zamad Azmad - EE-I-EE-I-O". Think that would be an easy message to delete. By the way, anyone who is interested can sign up to get email updates on our blog... just by scrolling down to the bottom of this page and entering their address. Think we have about a dozen subscribers right now!

This past weekend Michael and I had a visit from my Uncle Gregg. He is a very enthusiastic great-uncle-to-be! I appreciate the emails he has sent out to many family members, in order to keep everyone up to date on our progression with the adoption. He has also shared some interesting articles on Ethiopia with us as well. We had a good dinner together at Pizzeria Piccola and a movie out to see the Simpson's Movie. Can anyone make out the mascot on his baseball hat?

1 comment:

rebekah said...

A supportive Great Uncle AND a Simpsons fan? Send him over to our family!