(Amharic for "family")

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A flood of kindness

Wow!!! How can I even begin to put into words how lucky I am to have the love of so many friends and family? Over the past several weeks I have attended showers celebrating Mehandis joining our family. I will let the pictures do the talking...

Thank you Karen for the wonderful pillow you made Mehandis! What a special delivery that was.

My mom through a delicious shower for me... with many of our relatives and family friends. I am pictured with my "next-door-neighbor-mom", Mrs. Pulins.
I had tons of fun (and just a few tears) at the shower Maira & Dara threw at Perpendicular Wine Bar.
Thank you to all my friends who show so much enthusiasm for Mehandis's homecoming.
Michael, I can't wait to kick up our heels soon as a family of 3!!!!

Rita, Kathy & Diane went to great lengths to tie in many Ethiopian connections at our Twin Lakes shower (or should I say flood?).
I always wanted sisters and who would have guessed that I would end up having 2 of the best sister-in-laws you could ask for.
An office shower thrown at the NBT Elkhorn Clinic!
Most of these Elkhorn ladies only knew me for a little over a month! They definitely wanted to squeeze in a reason to celebrate though :)
Here I am pictured at Jeni's house, a co-worker and friend of mine who threw the "Central" NBT office shower.
Yeah, maybe I am glowing.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello Michele and Michael,

Thank you so much in sharing in your wonderful journey towards parenthood! You are leaving for Africa tomorrow to bring home your beautiful son. I will be praying for you as you travel across the world. Sharing your story has been such a wonderful gift. I am so excited for you to look into his big brown eyes for the first time.
Love, Erica