(Amharic for "family")

Sunday, September 23, 2007

On our way home!!!

We are back in the states!!! Mehandis became a wonderful little world traveler thanks to the TLC from the Lufthansa crew and fellow passengers. He loved his bassinet which helped him sleep soundly and play independently.

I can't wait to share much more about our trip and incredible son. But right now Mehandis's papa is sleeping and I need to help our little guy get accustomed to this new time zone (amongst the many other new things).

What a happy day!

4 comments:

Jill Nelson said...

Welcome home!!! I can't wait to hear your stories. I was thinking of you all day yesterday, we had Pastor Kaaya from Tanzania at church. Next week Pastor Kaaya is doing the sermon, how fitting that this will be your first week home. If you make it to church don't leave before I get to meet Mehandis!!!! Happy homecoming, Jill

Sarah Oberneder said...

Hi Michelle, Welcome home!!! I have been following your blog as you shared the site with everyone from work. I can not tell you how happy I am for both of you. Knowing that Mehandis and my Matthew were born the same day has given me a special iterest and I have been brought to tears imagining how exciting this must be for the both of you. What an amazing experience!!! I know that you will have a very overwhelming homecoming but I'd love to get together with the boys during the upcoming months. Congratulations once again. Sarah

Erika said...

Welcome home!! I've been thinking about you ever since you left! I'm glad Ryan got to talk to Michael today. Congratulations on the newest Wolaver!! We can't wait to meet him. Maybe, a trip to Des Moines, Ia will be in your future soon? We'd love to have you!
Have a great week adjusting to being new parents. Call if you have any questions! Love, Erika

trinalovesneworleans said...

welcome back!! y'all are such a beautiful family!